Tuesday, November 3, 2015
10:30 AM - 11:20 AM
Policies and standards are a foundational pillar of a successful Data Governance or Enterprise Information Management program. Policies and standards can support the establishment of a program, and can help to mature an existing program. Policies and standards provide programs with a way to build key partnerships, and to engage with both business and IT on topics that are important to the business and to executive sponsors. Polices and standards enrich a program, and are central to usage, control, standardization, and valuation of enterprise data.
Topics to be covered include:
- How to get started
- What policies and standards to develop
- Key enterprise partnerships: what to develop, how to develop them, and why they are critical to success
- Processes for development, maintenance, implementation, and approval of policies
- Data Classification and Data Sensitivity
- Selection, harmonization, and application of National and International Standards
- The roles of Business, IT, Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management in policy work
- Communication, Socialization, and Education
- Metrics for Success
- Policy & Standard examples
Janet Lichtenberger is a data management professional with over 20 years of experience. She has held a variety of roles, including roles in data governance, program/project management, and client relationship management.
She is a frequent speaker at industry conferences, is the V.P. of Operations for DAMA Wisconsin, and is the Director of Global Data Governance at Walgreens Boots Alliance.