Monday, November 2, 2015
08:30 AM - 11:45 AM
This workshop will discuss how Analytical Data Architecture (ADA) represents the evolution of best and pragmatic practices for BI, data integration and data warehousing. This framework leverages current and emerging technologies in its implementation supporting structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data.
The framework includes:
- Data architecture - what architectural options support alternative data structures
- Data integration – what are the key integration workflow and processes
- Business intelligence and analytics – how to support guided and self-service BI
- Data governance - where it applies and where it does not
Attendees will learn:
- Underlying foundational concepts
- Best and pragmatic practices
- Analytical use cases supported
- High-level architectural design
- Where and when to apply architectural components
- How to avoid data and integration silos
Rick Sherman is the founder of Athena IT Solutions. Rick has almost 30 years of business intelligence (BI), data warehousing (DW) and data integration experience. He has worked on over 100 BI & DW projects across many industry groups, sourcing data from a variety of business applications. In addition, he has provided guidance through assessments and in an advisory role for dozens of other enterprises.
Rick is an expert instructor and speaker at numerous conferences, webinars and seminars. He teaches business and IT people BI/DW concepts, design, architectures and project management through onsite training has also taught courses for the last decade at Northeastern University's Graduate School of Engineering. His book Business Intelligence Guidebook: From Data Integration to Analytics was published by Morgan Kaufmann is 2014.
Rick has written 200+ articles published in various industry publications, including searchBusinessAnalytics, searchDataManagement and Information Management.