Tuesday, November 3, 2015
01:30 PM - 02:20 PM
How does an Enterprise Data Strategy get stagnant? Bob will demonstrate how to take inventory of what your corporation has and is actually using. Come up with a task list/roadmap of what needs to be done to get ready for your Enterprise data strategy.
What Architectural elements need to be in place in order to achieve your Enterprise Data Strategy? These elements include Data Models, ETL, Enterprise, Domain, and Application Business Terms.
Finally, how do you set the Roadmap in place to accomplish what you want to and how do you get Buy in from the Business Units? The following topics will be discussed:
- Taking inventory of what you currently have in your Enterprise Portfolio, not necessarily what you are using
- Determine the capabilities of each tool or discipline. Set up "Metadata" Governance for each discipline.
- Determine where you want to be (this is harder than it appears if you do it right)
- Use what you have in house before purchasing any additional tools. A big selling point
- Upgrades and get ready for the journey. Winning over Upper management
- Overcoming Roadblocks and Naysayers
Bob is an Enterprise Data Architect at Nissan USA Motor Corp, currently working on an Enterprise Data Strategy in the auto industry. Bob has over 30 years of IT experience and over 20 yrs of Metadata Management experience in several different types of Corporations (Transportation, Financial, Retail, Government, to name a few). Bob has performed Metadata Analysis of several Fortune 500 Corporations. He has a background as a Developer and Data Base Administrator, Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Data Administrator, as well as an Enterprise Data Architect. Bob has implemented several metadata solutions at several levels. This includes the creation of Standards and Procedures to help the Enterprise Data Architecture function properly.